Of course this is personal preference, but this recipe is definitely at the top of my best-loved chocolate cakes.
I’ve made this several times and sent it home with guests who raved about it. They told me it was even better the second day, so I started making it a day ahead…which helps when planning a get-together.
I began with a recipe I found on the web then made my own adjustments. I added a fudge-like frosting and some chopped pecans. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
CHOCOHOLIC BUNDT CAKE
1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 cup sour cream
1 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup warm water
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In large bowl, mix together cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in chocolate chips and pour batter into well greased 12-cup Bundt pan.
3. Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake completely in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto plate.
SATINY CHOCOLATE GLAZE
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3 T. butter
1 T. light corn syrup
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
chopped pecans, optional
1. In a double boiler, over hot but not boiling water, combine chocolate chips, butter and corn syrup. Stir until chips are melted and mixture is smooth, then add vanilla.
2. Spread warm glaze over top of cake, letting it drizzle down the sides.
3. Garnish with chopped pecans, if desired.